Duration of residency
Residency is for one month commencing in February 2019.
Disciplines, work equipment and assistance
We accept applications from individual visual artists working across all genres and from all backgrounds.
Artists are afforded with private bedrooms and bathroom, including private walled garden and laundry facilities.
Each artist is given a private studio in which to work in.
Fees and support
Successful applicants should raise up to $500 as a commitment fee for the day to day running of the residence, accommodation and studio space. Supper is provided every night and breakfast every morning.
Expectations towards the artist
As an art non-profit we strive to nurture artists and create a space for creativity and community and we do not demand that you donate work. However, artists are expected to participate in day to day operations around the residence and are responsible for the maintenance of their studio/workspace.
Initiate a project to incorporate the community as part of our bid to give back to the community in which we operate in.
Applicants must submit:
- A representative portfolio of work produced of 10 works, preferably by email. Images should not be larger than 300kb and each email no larger than 8MB.
- A substantial curriculum vitae with full names, references, addresses and contact numbers
- A brief letter of motivation, not more than one A4 page long, outlining reasons for wishing to join the program
- A brief proposal for a small community outreach workshop to be conducted by you
- A recent photograph
- Details of sources of additional funding for more materials (if any)
To apply you need to fall in the age range of 18 to 27
Proficiency in English is a prerequisite for communication
**No fee for entry**